Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Sacrifice

I want to have my own life. Very selfish of me I know but I do want to have a life of my own. I don't want to be self absorbed in it though. I want to help people too. I want to do my part in giving back. I think that last noble thing I did was feed the homeless two months ago. Sigh. I become so disappointed with myself when I see how little I contribute to the community. I miss beig a girl scout leader :( helping those girls got really stressful but at least I was doing something.
I don't want to BE one of those people. I don't want to be that person that does enough for them to get by. I don't want to just have a job and go on vacations and take care of my children. I want actually do something.
It's the reason I want to be a teacher. I hope that I can change lives and help kids. I want that to be my way of giving back. Until then I haven't been doing anything ugh. I've been selfishly doing just what I want to do. I need to get out there and help more people.

And thus my Lenten sacrifice was born. One helpful act towards others per week. Not something whimpy either. It needs to be something good. I need to start looking into that since today is ash Wednesday.
I'm starving by the way D; I hate fasting. It does make you think I suppose. I'm not going to eat until after church because if I eat before then, I'll just get hungry before then. I can do it! BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: