"HARK!"
I proclaimed my presence and their attention loud enough so that I did not have to repeat myself. Everyone in the room became completely silent. Enough so that I could hear the birds chirping outside of the church. The glares and united gaze I was getting from everyone weakened my posture. I could not get weak at this moment. I must be strong. I straightened up a bit more to show them I was not afraid. So much so that it looked like I was leaning back almost from pushing my chest out too far. Don't over do it, I thought to myself. The minister let his glasses fall to his nose and peered at me over them. The bride, my lovely, turned around to face me wide eyed and shocked. The groom turned around looking so angry that he might burst. His face was more red than a tomato. He looked too angry to speak.I took in a great puff of air to make my chest look larger as I spoke. I was not sure how to approach it....I should have written some lines beforehand.
I began, "You there!" He was already looking at me. I'm so lucky, I thought to myself, If looks could kill I would be done for already. I spoke again, "I cannot allow you to marry her!"
The groom stiffened and took the three steps off the altar towards me. Don't panic...don't panic...I thought to myself. It seemed like he was getting larger, the closer he got. I did not move and suddenly his face was inches away from mine.
He towered over me and boomed in my face, "HOW DARE YOU! I COMMAND YOU TO LEAVE AT ONCE!" Then he made this sputtering noise as if he were growling but he was spitting instead. Like a teapot...how odd. It was getting all over my face. Disgusting. I did not anticipate this.
"Do you MIND?" I said to him. "That was disgusting." I took a step back wiping my face with the back of my sleeve. I heard a giggle come from the altar and we both snapped our heads too look at Cecilia. "You think this is funny??" I called over. She blushed and giggled again and used her bouquet to cover her face. I rolled my eyes. She's so Cecilia And she was mine. And I was here to claim her. I looked back to my opponent.
He glared at me and spoke once again, "Leave!"
Right before I could respond, Cici could not control her giggle fit and she fell onto her knees. It made my response sound weak, "No? I mean No! I am not leaving without her. Her heart belongs to me."
"But she belongs to me" he huffed.
Sigh. I did not come here to bicker with this man. I came to rightfully claim what is mine.
"Well I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but I will be taking her now and leaving. I highly suggest that you do not try to stop me." I walked past him and up the altar next to Cecilia.
"Would you stop giggling," I hissed at her only loud enough that she could hear, "I'm trying to do this romantically. I could have just grabbed you and left without any cheesy proclamation."
She stood up straightening her dress out, "Okay okay I'm sorry. Let's just go. Thank you for trying to be romantic." She got on her tippy toes and kissed my forehead. She took my hand and we started down the aisle to leave.
And then out of no where he struck me in the back of my head. "Owwwwww" I rubbed the back of my head. I was going to have a large bump there in the morning. "That hurt." I turned around and he was ready to strike me again.
Then Cecilia stepped in between he and I. "Don't you dare lay a finger on him." She sounded absolutely livid.
His face was priceless. He was shocked that she was speaking to him this way. I couldn't help but laugh. Then he looked angry.
"Get out of my way Cecilia." he said.
"No," she said. "Joseph, my necklace please."
I guess me being the one to save her was out of the question at this point. I sighed and handed her, her necklace. She put it on and glared at him, "Apologize. Now"
Then it was his turn to laugh. He fell onto his knees laughing and the church rang with his booming laughter.
I smirked. She was not going to be happy with this response. "Oh now you've done it." I said. I took a seat in the pew knowing that she would want her way with him now that she had her necklace. Too bad I didn't have any popcorn. She started to take her earrings off and handed them to me. "Is this going to take long?" I asked.
"Give me five minutes sweetheart..." she responded. Mmm she looked so lovely. Her skin was a flushed peach. It looked amazing. Her lips were puckered with annoyance at her ex-groom rolling on the floor laughing which only made her look that much more adorable. Her hair was curled for the occasion and her dress outlined her figure nicely.
"You look amazing by the way..." I said quite frankly awed by her beauty. She turned and smiled at me. "Thanks love. Five minutes." She turned back to the groom and picked him up by his collar standing him up right.
"Apologize or I will make you apologize." she said. Shock returned to his face because she had set him standing up straight when it was clear that he looked physically more capable. He was three times her size. He remained silent.
Then Cecilia picked him up by the collar and rose off the ground. Then he looked completely afraid. "NOW are you going to apologize?" she said. They were maybe 20 feet off the ground.
He was waving his arms and legs like a child. "PUT ME DOWN! PUT ME DOWN!" Everyone in the congregation started gasping. Some started to leave and some were too shocked to move so they just kept watching. The old man next to me looked like he had stopped breathing.
"Cecilia, sweetheart, you're scaring the poor people!" I said.
"I'm not going anywhere until he apologizes to you." she responded. She came lower to the ground until she was maybe 5 feet from the ground and dropped him. He started to crawl away but she caught him by the ankle and rose high into the air again. She started shaking him like a child throwing a tantrum. "Apologize NOW!" she demanded.
He started yelling again, red in the face from being shaken by his ankle, "STOP STOP!! PUT ME DOWN!!! STOP SHAKING ME! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! PUT ME DOWN!!" he yelled.
"Thank you." She said and dropped him from about 5 feet off the ground again and then grounded herself. He stumbled to his feet and bolted out the door. "We can go now love," she said to me in a loving tone. She trotted over to me holding her dress up so that she would not trip. I stood up to meet her halfway and swept her off of her feet cradling her in my arms. She smiled and it made me smile. There were still a few people lingering in the church so I waited until I flew outside with her to kiss her.
"Thank you for taking care of my bully." I told her as I flew out of the church and we glided over some trees.
"Anytime" she said."You'll have to work on your dialogue for next time."
I grimaced,"There won't be a next time. I won't let it go that far next time. Just keep better track of your necklace for me."
"Okay okay. I'm sorry. I love you." she said.
"I love you too."
No comments:
Post a Comment