Monday, May 23, 2011

Hopes

I write this in hopes that it will help Brandon trust me more.

There is a guy that I know here. There is lots of potential there. And I wouldn't say that he has a crush on me, but I think he sees the potential there too.

Most people are not stupid and they usually sense when they have chemistry with someone or when they get along in a certain way. You avoid these people or draw a very fine line when you are in a relationship. Why? For obvious reasons. I shouldn't even have to explain these.

I can see that it would be easy for us to end up liking each other because of what we have in common and how often we are at the same place.

But I just lightly brush everything off. I tell him that I'm busy when he wants me to eat with him. I wave and say hi instead of stopping to talk to him when he sees me. I keep it light and make sure that we just don't get that opportunity for anything to grow.

I crush that potential. I don't regret it and I'm not sad because of what it could be. And I'm not being mean to him either. But this is what people do when they are in a relationship with someone else.

I love you brandon. I know that I made this very mistake with Eric. And you need to trust me when I tell you that if I thought I liked someone, I would tell you, which I did the first time. Only this time, I will stop it in its tracks. I'm very sorry for how I acted with Eric. It was inexcusable. But I did not lie to you and I did not keep anything from you and I think that is the more important part.

Even with our problems, you are still the most important to me and I will not jeopardize our relationship over anyone else while I am with you.

No comments: