Monday, April 11, 2011

Which One is the Real Brandon?

I had the weirdest dream last night. So weird. Probably one of the weirdest dreams to date. I wonder why I dream with so much dialogue. This dream could be considered a nightmare actually. I was emotionally worn when I woke up. Enjoy

I carried on with my life as usual. I was living with Brandon. Not in the greatest apartment ever but it was good enough. I was happy as long as I was with him. I had a job and he had a job. It was only for the summer and in the fall we would have school. We worked and stayed at home. Sometimes we would hang out with friends and visit family. It wad a normal happy simple summer life.
Then I started noticing weird changes. Not bad ones but they we're weird. It made me think a little bit about it but not much. Just little things here and there.
One day I was walking down the street, to the liquor store near by. All of a sudden brandon came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me from the back. I started giggling.
"You got out of work early huh?" I said.
He just smiled and turned me around in his arms to kiss me. It was a pretty passionate one at that. Not one I would allow in front of people I knew. It was lovely though. Very lovely. And for the reason that it was Brandon and that I loved him, I took in the kiss without thinking about it. When he finally stopped he did not loosen his arms around me and rested his forehead on mine. He was looking straight into my eyes. His eye color is beautiful. Then he said simply, and it sounded so honest and sincere, "I love you."
I smiled at him and brushed his cheek with my hand like I always do and said, "I love you too." he kissed my forehead and then my cheek and my lips again.
"So why the sudden appearance?" I asked him.
"No reason" he said. He was rubbing my back and holding me close. It was like he just wanted to stay that way forever.
I smirked at him, "Do you want me to go home with you? I can go to the store later...".
He was quick to understand what I meant and his face had a pained look on it. "What's wrong?" I asked.
"Nothing," he sighed. "I'll see you later, love." Then he kissed me and ran away!
"Wait!!!" I yelled. He kept running. That was really weird. I got what I needed at the store and walked back to our apartment. When I got home I saw him cooking in the tiny kitchen we have.
He smiled when he saw me, "Hey you."
I practically skipped over to him and wrapped my arms around him. "Hi." I said, "So why did you surprise attack me today?"
He looked confused and went to the fridge and got some juice. As he was getting a cup he said, "I don't know what you're talking about."
I figured that he was just playing along and being silly so I dropped it. We had dinner and watched some tv. Life went on.
I would get surprise attacks like this a lot. He stopped by to bring me lunch at work. He bought me single roses. He would oddly enough leave work early to take me to the park to spend time with me or somewhere to walk and hold hands. It was like he was overwhelmingly in love with me literally every second. He did lots of random things that he had never done before. It was like nothing else was important.
When he would disappear again and I would come home and ask about it, he would act like he didn't know what I was talking about it. I never pushed it. I thought it was cute that he played along and acted like he didn't know why i wasn't hungry or things like that. He would ask where I was getting the roses and I thought he was playing along with that too. After almost a month of this, things took an intense turn.
Brandon made plans to go up to LA to visit for his mom's birthday. I had work the next day so I had to stay behind. He left early in the morning and after he left I went to work. I got back late and as I was walking from my car to the apartment, I saw someone waiting on the stairs. It was Brandon!
When he saw me his face lit up like it like the sun was walking towards him in the middle of the rain. He instantly got up and came to me sweeping me off my feet. Then he put me down and kissed me. An extreme kiss again. I had to catch my breathe when we finally stopped.
"I thought you wouldn't be coming back until tomorrow." I said, "Although I don't mind the early return." I let my hands slid down from his neck to his chest.
He kissed my neck an smelled my hair. "I needed more time with you," he said. "I want to take you somewhere. Don't bother asking though. Its a surprise." He was smiling now, excited to show me whatever it was.
I laughed, "Okay." I loved to see him happy.
"We can walk," he said, "Its not far.
He took my hand and kissed it. Then he intertwined his fingers tightly with mine and we started walking. We walked for about 20 mins and then he told me to close my eyes. He would guide me. I felt dirt under my feet and I heard crickets and frogs.
"Are we almost there?" I asked him.
"Almost, love." he said. Then he stopped walking and so I stopped too. "Keep your eyes closed."
I did what he said and then I felt him pick me up and carry me in front of him. I frowned. I didn't like being picked up.
"You know you still look just as lovely when you frown like that." he said laughing to himself.
"You know I don't like being picked up." I sighed.
"Its okay," he put me down. "We're here."
He set me on my feet and I opened my eyes. It was beautiful. My jaw dropped open. It was a small cottage next to a lake. The sun was setting and the reflection of the light on the lake was golden. Trees surrounded everything and bright green plants covered most of the ground along with tiny bright blue flowers. There were ducks swimming on the lake. The cottage looked like it came out of a fairytale book.
He wrapped his arms around me from behind and whispered in my ear, "Do you like it?"
"Its beautiful..." I said.
He kissed the side of my face and took my hand. "Let's go inside," he said, "I made you dinner."

The inside was even more breathtaking. Everything fit with the cottage and the lovely nature surrounding it outside. As the sun disappeared, we ate and talked and talked. The food was delicious and he was being extra talkative.
"You seem different recently," I told him.
"Is it a bad thing?" he asked.
"No, just different. I love you all the same. You know me very well," I used my hands to indicate our surroundings.
He laughed softly, "Yes I do."
He insisted on cleaning up after dinner and so I sat on a chair on the back porch facing the lake. The sun was gone now and the moon had come out. It made the lake look just as beautiful. When he was done cleaning up he came out to join me. He sat on the chair instead and I sat on his lap. I was staring at everything else and he was staring at me the whole time.
"You know that I would do anything for you right?" he said.
"Yes I do sweetheart," i told him. I kissed his forehead. He looked anxious. "Are you okay love?"
"I'm fine," he said. "I love you. I will always be here for you. I will always take care of you."
"You know I would do the same for you love." I responded.
Then he kissed me again. It was the passionate kiss. It was kissing me like it would be the last time he was doing it or like he was so full of love for me that he had to let it out. I didn't mind it. I didn't fight it. Why would I?
He picked me up, putting my legs around his waist. My arms were already around his neck because I was still kissing him. He carried me inside, but we only made it to the kitchen. He put on the table kissing me more and more. We were both gasping for air as he started to kiss down my neck. He picked me up again and brought me to the bed. Like there was no time to waste, everything piece of clothing came off of me and him. It got pretty graphic after that. Not sharing that. Too personal. It was different though. Different than usual. He moved differently and was stronger and more direct about everything. When we were done he held me close not letting an inch separate us. There was a tear coming out of his eyes.
"Whats wrong sweetheart?" I asked.
"Nothing is wrong," And he squeezed his arms gently around me, "I'm just happy. I'm happy when I'm with you."
I sang to him until we both fell asleep.
I woke up a few times by him pulling me closer or softly kissing the side of my face. I never bothered to open my eyes though. I would just fall back asleep.
The morning sun woke me up but still I kept my eyes closed. I used my hands to search for him and found his face. I just ran my fingers through his hair. He must have still been asleep because my touching him, did not stir him. After a few minutes he noticed and pulled me closer again. He kissed my forehead and my lips a few times. I started to rub his back and then slid my hand down his body. He felt different. I didn't understand...
I opened my eyes and looked at him. It wasn't Brandon. I immediately started gasping and backing away from him. I fell off the bed and dragged the sheet with me to cover myself because I was still not wearing any clothes. I started crying and backing away. He was becoming more aware of what was happening and then he looked down at himself. Then a panicked look came onto his face.
By then I was sobbing and trying to breathe properly in a corner. Where was Brandon? Whats going on? Why am I naked in a bed with a random stranger? I couldn't understand any of it. I felt like I was going insane. I was trying hard to remember if I had hit my head and gone into a coma or if I had taken any extreme drugs or anything.
The guy was average looking. Not bad looking. Not oustandingly good looking. He got out of the bed and walked towards me. He wrapped a towel around his waist to cover himself. His face looked so sad and pained.
"Its okay Magdalena. Don't worry. Everything is going to be okay." he said.
He was standing ten feet away from me because I did not want him to come near me. Then I made a run for it. I grabbed my bag and my keys and in the sheet I ran home. I locked the door and barricaded myself in. Then I just cried for a really long time. While I was there Brandon came home. He couldn't open the door.
"Hun? Are you in there?" he asked.
I forced myself to stop crying for the time being and I peeked through the door to make sure it was him. It was. I moved the things I had used to barricade the door. He saw me and immediately dropped everything and wrapped his arms around me.
"whats wrong?" he asked. Not wanting to keep anything from him I told him about waking up next to the stranger knowing what I had done with him the night before. He looked at me like I was crazy.
"Why don't you go get some sleep sweetheart?" he said. I was too tired to disagree so I went to our bed and fell asleep. hours later I felt someone lying down next to me. I opened my eyes to make sure that it was brandon and it was. He was sleeping. I scooted closer to him and buried my face into his chest. Then I heard a knock at the door. I got up and put a sweater on and went to the door. I opened it, and it was Brandon...
I stopped breathing and I started backing away again. Brandon was just in the other room with me....This couldn't be possible. I started sobbing again.
"Whats wrong?" Brandon yelled from the bedroom. I heard him scrambling and coming into the living room. "Who's at the door?"
Then the other Brandon walked in through the front door.
"Whats going on?" I asked. Then I saw it. There were two of them. Two brandons. This couldn't be. I didn't understand. They then turned on each other.
"What is going ON?!?! Who are you???" one asked.
"What do you mean who am I?!!!" the other one said, "Who are YOU?!!"
I covered my eyes sobbing not understanding what was going on.
They were yelling.
"Stop yelling! please" I pleaded.
They stopped and one of them started walking towards where I was curled up in the corner.
"Don't TOUCH her!!" the other one said.
"Which one is the real Brandon? Which one is my Brandon?" I asked looking at them both.
"Its me."
"I am"
Of course, I thought to myself. They are both going to claim that they are the real one.
"How did this happen?" I asked. "Never mind. Don't answer that." I didn't know how it happened but I knew how to fix it. And to fix it we had to go see him.
"Pack your bags both of you. We are going to go fix it." I told them.
I knew the person that could fix this. In the mean time I could not let myself touch or hardly communicate with either of them for fear of it being the wrong Brandon.

The travel was wrong and they were both irate with each other which was driving me crazy. We had to set camp up at the end of every day and we had to cook for ourselves. Without me there they would have killed each other. One night when I was sleeping by the campfire I felt someone lie down next to me. I pretended like I didn't notice. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my neck and my arm.
"I miss you." he said.
I didn't respond. What if this was the impostor? But I missed him too. I missed my Brandon whichever one that was. I had had many epiphanies over the weird things that had been going on before I found out that there were two Brandon's. The random gifts. The random appearances. The nice dinners. Not that my Brandon had never done those things for me. He must have slipped the night he took me to the cottage. Whoever had somehow figured out to have his body turn into an identical one of Brandon's. He was in his own body the morning I woke up next to him.

After weeks of travel. I was pretending to be asleep and both Brandon's were facing the fire very silent. They must have been convinced that I was asleep.
"What are you doing exactly?" one of them asked.
"I love her." the other one said.
"I love her." said the first one.
2-"When we fix this she'll see. And she'll be only mine again."
1- "And if we can't fix it. She will have to choose and she will choose me..."
2- "No she won't..."
1- "You don't know that."
2- "We'll see. I just want her to be happy. Preferably with me."
1- "I can make her happy too. I was making her happy...I know her just as well as you do."
2- "You are lying to her."
1- "She wouldn't have noticed me otherwise."
2- "Which means that I'm right for her. I love her and she loves me."
1- "Its only because with you she would never even think about giving anyone else a chance. Someone else being me. If she has to choose, she will choose me because of the way I love her. She will choose me for me. Whether she thinks i'm you or not, I can live with. I can't live without her. I need her."
2- "She won't choose you."
1- "You're only trying to convince yourself."

I was too tired to open my eyes to differentiate the two brandon's and I fell asleep seconds after that. I would never know which one was the real one.

Then I woke up from my dream.

It's a lot of stuff. I never figured out which Brandon was the real one. I didn't want to risk hurting my Brandon so I never touched them as we traveled. I woke up before we reached the end. I woke up before the ending of this strange story of a dream.

No comments: