Listening to clair de lune again. It's so beautiful.
Anyway, I had my first two finals today. Spanish and Christian Life Themes.
Spanish essays were:
1. Describe and discuss three famous artists that we have learned about this semester. You may not do the artist that you presented. (for me salvador dali. We did a powerpoint on him. My only spanish powerpoint presentation ever...so far.)
2. And second: Which theme of which chapter di you like the most? Define and explain why you like it.
My answers:
1. I did David Alfaro Siqueiros, Diego RIvera, and Frida Kahlo. The second two were easier than Siqueiros.
2. I did humorism and talked about a lecture where these people were fighting over an inheritance. There were no punctuation marks in the will and each person somehow managed to put the marks so that they would get the inheritance. The guy who had the final say was a profesor and he made it so that it went to some wierdo dog.
I wrote this all in spanish of course. Just thought would share this with future me.
I have British Literature and Statistics tomorrow. Not worried about Lit. as much as I am about Stats. I want to keep my B. I have an 86% right now...
Catie is asleep right now. I need to go study.
Exciting news...I am going to go pick up Twiligt from Veronica in two days. :D I promised myself that I would wait until finals are over.
This weekend I am going on the Desert Challenge with venture. Although I missed the meeting because of finals.
Happy Birthday Mariana. I'm sorry I couldn't go to your surprise corvett's thing.
Got to STUDY!
.:bye:.
p.s. Promise: I will do dialogue from yesterday's day soon.
1 comment:
Thank you for your very kind comment. I feel like Schubert's Second Piano Trio, especially the first movement, has gotten me through a lot. My senior year of high school, the year before all the craziness started, I would wonder what was next, and then it was all about the mystery and power of Rachmaninov's (sp?) 3rd Piano Concerto.
And "Damage" by Yo La Tengo got me through the red-headed girl who walked into my life like she lived in it.
I hope your finals go well, it sounds like they are. El Greco used to blow me away, I think he was the first to actually imagine the blue guitarist, even if it was Picasso that finally painted him. His St. Jerome is a revelation and I have always wondered about his journey to Spain and what it must have been like then.
His darkness is similar to Carravaggio's, but then there is always the softly insistant openess of Charles Demuth to bring us back...I listened to Keane by the way, I'd heard of them but decided to check them out again - really good.
Anyway, always warmest,
Sarge
Post a Comment