his was extremely hard to write without using vulgar words.
On saturday night I was standing in line with some of my friends to get into a club. There were two girls including me and three guys. The group in front of us was a group of some girls and guys that were letting people cut so much that we had to move back. So was I annoyed? Of course I was. So were my friends and the one other girl that was with us. The police officer wasn't an idiot. He saw the girl throw the cup onto the floor because he picked her out of her group of friends right away but when he asked who threw the cup onto the floor, the girl I was with and myself told him that we saw her put it into the floor because we were annoyed with them. The girl I was with even said some colorful words to the group of people in front of us. The drunk girl even tried to lie about putting the cup there when everyone saw. She was drunk. The girl was then fined 1000 for littering. Of course she was freaking out and her friends were trying to comfort her and they were angry at myself and the girl I was with for confirming with the officer. Then they let more and more people cut just to make us more angry.
Eventually we got in but my guy friends didn't. They had to wait in line because the club already had too many guys inside of it. So I was in the club with the girl that had come with us. It was just us two until our guy friends could get in. One of the girls that got upset with us pushed the girl I was with. That failed. Then attempt number two. One of the girls came from behind me and pushed the girl I was with again. This time I pushed her arm away so that she wouldn't hurt the girl I was with. She had had surgery on her feet and wasn't in any condition to get attacked.
When I pushed her arm away she hit my arm and a guy tried to break us up. I was only hitting back to defend myself. Then she got ahold of my hair and pulled me down. She wasn't alone and before I knew it I was on the floor being dragged by my hair. There were about 4 girls that then all attacked me at once. It seemed like forever before anyone did something about it.
They had my hair in all different directions and were ripping it out. They scratched my back and made scabs. They punched me and kicked me over and over again repeatedly. I thought about fighting back but I had no chance and I thought for sure someone would do something quickly. That wasn't the case. Everyone just spread out and watched me get beaten up mercilessly by these horrible girls that I did nothing to. After a good minute someone broke them up, I'm not sure who but I'm glad they did. And surprisingly it wasn't security that broke it up. When they let go of me I saw the girl I was with just standing there. I don't know where she was during this or why she didn't try to get help. She didn't even ask me if I was okay. I told her that I wanted to leave and she kept asking why. I wasn't paying attention because I was leaving whether she was coming with me or not.
I'd like to say that I am a tough person and that I got through this without being shaken but I wasn't. I was in complete shock that they had done this to me. I was shaking and sobbing uncontrollably. My friends that were outside came with me to security and we got them kicked out and then we left.
It was one of the most horrifying experiences of my life. I couldn't sleep that night. I kept having flash backs of being thrown onto the floor and beaten and kicked. I'm lucky nothing serious happened to me.
I know I'm not the only in the world who has gotten beat up and I know that people have gone through much worse. I know what its like to have flash backs of something horrible to have happened to you. If I am shaken everytime I remember what they did to me, I can't even imagine what it was like for people who have gone through worse. Especially those who have experienced the horrors of war. Going through this has made me respect them much more strongly than before. Its hard to come back to reality or to the present after something horrible has happened to you. I'm sure everyone has experienced it at different degrees at some point during their lives.
It is something that I will never forget.
Remembering something so scary and then remembering that no one helped you is even harder to accept. Instead of helping they just spread out and watched while I was being beaten. This sickens me to the point sometimes that I just want to throw up. I can't even get too much attention to the report I filed with the police because the girl hit the girl I was with first, not me. Since I touched the girl to defend the girl I was with, legally it was a mutual fight. Even though I was beat up by her and a whole group of her friends without fighting back, since I touched her first to defend the girl I was with, it was a mutual fight.
Funny thing is, the girl didn't even care. I have been calling her 'the girl that I was with' because she is not my friend. A friend would have helped me. A friend would have gone to find help of some kind. A friend would have thanked me for getting beaten up for her when she was the target. A friend would have asked me if I was okay. A friend would have apologized for saying the things she said to the girls outside in the line since they attacked. They were more upset with her than they were with me. A friend would have felt guilty for getting me involved in something that was mostly her. Even a crappy friend would have asked me if I was okay. A friend would have hugged me and told me that it was going to be okay. I didn't get any of this from her and so she is not my friend. It stinks to know that I got beaten up for her when she was the one that was supposed to have gotten beat up and she doesn't even care. She even went as far as to joke about it the night of when no one thought it was funny. My friends that were outside all comforted me and felt bad for me and told me that it was going to be okay and they didn't even see exactly what had happened. I'm grateful for that.
I will move on from this but I thought that I'd put my story out there. I hope that something like this doesn't happen to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment