Sunday, August 29, 2010

Parents can be irritating

Yes I had a little bicker with each of them just now which is precisely the reason I came outside back to my room. Here is how each of these bickers went.

Mom's Bicker:
"MAGDALENA!!"
"YA MOM?!"
"SOMETHING MUMMBLE MUBMLE"
"WHAT?"
"IF YOU CAN'T HEAR ME THEN COME HERE!!"
I went over to her in the kitchen and stood behind her. I was facing her and she was sitting away from me facing the computer. "Yes mom?" I said.
"Do you want me to sign you up for facepainting?" she said.
"Facepainting for what?"
"For the st. pats festival." she said.
"Ohhh sure! When is it?"
"October 17 and 18" she said.
"Oh well I won't know if I can do that until two weeks before hand" I said, "Can you just sign me up for one day and if worse comes to worse, you can covver for me?" I said.
"Uhm I can work the facepaint from 1:30-3:30" she said.
"Oh Okay" I said.
"Mumble mumble paints" she said.
"what?" I said.
Let me remind you that there are two tv's that I can hear plus the fish tank and my dad talking to dominic. Plus she is facing away from me.
"Mumble to buy some of those paints" she said.
"Mom I can't hear here you" I said.
She did this exasperated noise and said, "mumble wants to buy some paints."
"What??"
Then she starts yelling, "LOOK AT ME!" Like I wasn't facing her the WHOLE TIME!! Gah.
"Mom! I am facing you! YOU are the one who isn't facing me. I can't hear you" I said.
Then she got all offended and I swear I was not yelling yet. My voice was raised because she was yelling at me but THEN she goes.
"FINE! IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO YELL AT ME!"
"MOM! I wasn't yelling at you! I couldn't hear you ugh. It sounded like you were saying 'they' and I didn't know who you meant by they."
And then she was still yelling, " I. I!!! I!! I WANT TO BUY SOME PAINTS!!!"
I just got frustrated and was over it so I said, "Its fine mom, just don't sign me up. I don't care." And I walked away. bah

Dad's bicker
I was standing a few feet away from him. No trouble hearing. He just thought I Was being a smart ass.
"Magdalena?"
"Yes dad?" I said
"I'm trying to save up ten cartons of those," he said pointing at a water bottle.
"Why dad?" I said.
"For emergency purposes." He said.
"What??? Why don't we just use aluminum bottles and refill them so we don't waste these?", I said.
He rolled his eyes and gave me this look. But I was serious! We waste so many plastic bottles.
"Because magdalena, they are GOOD for keeping for emergencies." he said.
"Well they are BAD for the earth. Why can't we just use aluminum bottles and refill them?" I said.
"Fine Magdalena, You are right about everything in the universe. We should just all do exactly what you say we should..."
And then I walked away. I don't need that crap

Jeeebs

No comments: