Friday, November 17, 2006

Meteor (sp?) Shower/Mexico

I convinced my mom to take Catie and I, and also Nora, to the meteor shower. I'm really excited because I love it. It is a very beautiful thing to witness. Most people would call them Shooting stars because thats what they see on tv. I also love beautiful landscape because I love camping/the mountains. I don't know what else to say. México was beautiful too.

I don't think people appreciate our world as much as they should. Sadly I have friends that have never been camping before in their lives. Its not their fault. I think that everone should be given an oppurtunity to experience something else besides constantly seeing wires in the sky, a wierd glow thats caused by lights from the city, the constant buzz of cars driving or trolley's running, or buildings that block the view to much prettier things. Our world is very beautiful. I am lucky to have had a chance to experience some of it and hope to exxperience it on occasions for the rest of my life.

I think the most beautiful place I have been to is México. Most people that live in San Diego judge México by Tijuana. Its a shame because not all of México is like that. México has touched me in a way that I cannot explain. I can only guess how. The United States is a good and country that grants many opporunities but in some ways is very artificial. Everyone, including me, often forget that the rest of the world exists. They get caught up with whats going on only around them.

When I went to Morelos, we traveled all over the place. We were on a bus for at least 3 hours a day. The cultural atmosphere and the beautiful landscape greatly attracts me. When I came home I was confused. I felt like I had been living in México all of my life and someone decided to take me and throw me into someone else's body who had a life in the United States. It almost felt like depression. Its a really wierd and creepy feeling. I felt like that in the fourth grade too after spending a month in Guadalajara. I wanted to go back to México. It was where I was supposed to be, but my family and life is in the U.S. Its really hard to explain but I felt like both places were important to me. Of course the U.S. is because it is where I grew up but I really loved being in México.

I could go on about how I felt lonely and isolated from my own family because I felt like they were strangers and how I kept telling myself that I was crazy because I felt like I had been taken away from a place that felt like home but that could go on forever. I can't say that I am hardcore Méxican and proud to be because I still have a lot to learn about their history and cultural history and I have been raised in the United States. BUT I can certainly say that México is a beautiful place that facinates me and I hope to live there for a short period of time in my life.

.:bye:.

No comments: