Sunday, November 12, 2006

Dishes

It is officially my duty or responsibility to wash the dishes and put them away. Of course I am allowed to ask my sister for help if I want to. One of our latest conversations went a little something like this.

brb.... party for my mum.

Okay. Back. Here goes. p.s. Catie and I are never mad at each other during this. A lot of it is somewhat sarchastic. Ha.

Nena: Catie its your turn to do the dishes because I did them last time.
Catie: What? How come I always have to do the dishes on the days that Esthela doesn't come? You get the easy days.
Nena: Ha. No I don't. You just don't want to do the dishes.
Catie: Whatever. *she said that all gangsta lol*
Nena: Fine I'll do the dishes tomorrow which is wednesday and Esthela comes on Wednesday AND I'll do them on Thursday when she doesn't come. Okay?
Catie: Fine.
*Catie does the dishes that night. I do the dishes (a fair amount of them might I add) on Wednesday and Thursday. Catie somehow got out of doing them on Friday and along comes Saturday. My mom decided that Saturday night would be the night to make homemade pizza. There are, I'll be honest with you, a lot of dishes but Catie and I had a deal. What she said next made me laugh so hard.*
Nena: *Helping clean up the kitchen while Catie stands doing nothing by the sink. I can tell she doesn't want to do the dishes.* Catie its your turn to wash the dishes.
Catie: *sighs*
Nena: I did them on Wednesday and Thursday. *I start laughing at the look on Catie's face.*
Catie: *Turns her head towards me and looks at me.* How come....whenever I have to do the dishes we have a huge feast. And whenever you do the dishes, the family decides to fast like its Lent or something.
Nena: Lent. *I start laughing really really hard. I fall to the floor and repeat what she said.*

I thought it was hilarious. :D
p.s. Nena is me because Catie couldn't pronounce my name when she was little and reduced it to 'nena'.

.:ha:.

No comments: