Anyway my mom and I also went to get a court date for my ticket yesterday. It was kinda scary...there was a judge and everything...it went something like this.
"Magdalena Rymer..." said the judge in a very monotone voice. My heart was beating. I felt really nervous(but not as nervous as waiting to do your speech in Dr. Sheehan's class). I stood up and brought my harry potter book with me. I walked to the podeum facing the judge and spoke lightly into the microphone, "Good Morning". I gave a light smile. Out of the corner of my eye I could see my mom standing next to me. The judge looked up at me and responded the same with an even lighter smile. After shuffling through some papers, he spoke, "It says here that you were given a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. Is that correct?" "Yes," I responded.
"And what was the drivers name?"said the judge. I froze. "Um, the drivers name was..." Oh my gosh... i forgot his name. He was that guy that they raffled a luch with at my school.....ahh what was his name... "Justin" my mom interfered. I tried to recover myself, "Oh ya. His name was Justin." The judge stared at me and said, "Do you wish to plead guilty or not guilty?" "Not Guilty," I said. "Do you wish to recieve your trial before or after 45 days?" "Before" "Proceed through the door on you left and they will schedule a date for you." "Thank you," and I left with my mom.
Kinda scary for me......ug i can't wait until the trial..great!!
I went to the trial already because this happened a long time ago and I copied and pasted the previous paragraphs.
The officer didn't show and I was cleared. yay
~mag
No comments:
Post a Comment