Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dear Mom

Dear mom,
Let me start by telling you that I love you. I love you and this family more than anything. I often times do not understand why you call me selfish when I do a lot for this family that goes unnoticed. I'm so sorry that the dishes did not get done on time. I should have done them myself when dominic decided to go to bed. It hurts so much when you call me selfish and you yell and scream at me. You make me feel like I do nothing right. I'm sorry that you had a bad day yesterday and that you had worked so long and that there were dishes in the sink when you got home. Yes I agree that I did not do my duty in making sure that they got done whether it was my turn or not. But no I do not think that it was okay that you singled me out and targeted me with all of the stress and anger that had built up in you from your long day.
It did not seem like you were ready to listen so after a few attempts I gave up. Hear me out and let me tell you how my day went.
I woke up around 6:30 and got ready for school. Dominic and I left a little over 7. I dropped him off and then drove up to my school. I ran for about an hour and then went to class. I saw your text and I felt bad that I had not read it sooner. I even apologized in my responding text. After class I drove home and had a piece of fruit for lunch, changed and went to work. They have been giving me more work because they are getting ready to change systems in a few months. After work I went to pick up catie and then ran an errand. After that we went home and i didn't have time to eat dinner. I changed and entered some cookie stuff that I needed to do and prepared for the activity that I had to do with the you ger girls that meeting. We were home for less than 40 minutes before we had to leave again. We went to pick up Tess and then jasmine. When we got there we started the meeting. We have recently added two more girls and it is extremely hard to get everyone to be quiet and give Grama their attention but I do the best I can. We then separated and I had to lead the younger girls in their patch books. They were not listening to me and I could barely keep their attention. They were noisy and started running around so after about 20 minutes I gave up. I got more cookie money and I had to coordinate with the new girls and their cookie accounts. I was already drained mentally at that time. Only catie would help me clean up and I tried my best to leave on time because we had to pick up dominic and drop off the girls before it got too late. We left and picked up dominic ans then I took jasmine and Tess home and then we got home a little after 9. I was tired and had not eaten anything since lunch but in order to make dinner I had to clean up some of the kitchen so I did. Then dad was complaining that someone hadto make you dinner and no one else would do it so I made you some extra meat from the spaghetti I was making. I also made some for dominic and catie because they were hungry. Dinner was finally done so I ate and let dominic eat before he finished the dishes. I had to enter the cookie stuff while I was eating into my computer. Dominic was still eating and I was exhausted and asked catie to make sure that dominic finshed the dishes and she said yes so I went outside to get ready for bed. I was out in my room for less than 10 minutes before dad bursted in yelling at me. I didn't understand what was going on so I went inside with him. Yes I was angry at dominic for not finishing and you were yelling at me from the second I walked in. I was already so tired from everything that I had done during the day but I started putting things away and helping you clean. I made one comment about dominic and you started screaming at me. You cussed at me. You hurt me. Yes I should have made sure they got done but all I did yesterday was give give give to everyone else. I helped Grama an went to school and work and drove people where they needed to be and you were yelling for me to get out because I was being selfish. I was so hurt. When you came out the second time you still did not want to listen and did not see that you hurt me. I did everything I could for everyone else yesterday and I did not deserved to be treated that way. I even made you dinner when no one else wanted to and I felt like you didnt even care. So yes the dishes was my fault, but you did not need to go as far as you did with the way you treated me. I love you and I try to do what I can.
-Magdalena.

No comments: