Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dont Be Shalloww

There is something i want to address specifically this time and that is shallowness in terms of the way people look.

For school I dont talk to many people because people hardly talk to each other here at all. Every now and then though, I run into a friendly Person. Another thing, since i dont talk to many people at all here at school i dont try at all with my appearance. Often times i will come in my pj's or random t-shirts i dont like because I just really dont care...I'll come with my hair unbrushed and sometimes in slippers. I figure, no one is going to talk to me anyway so why even bother.

In my comparative history of the americas class, I sat next to this guy. I dont even know what his name is. Lets call himmmm john. So so i sat next to john and i have been sitting next to him for the whole semester so far. We started talking en stuff and passing notes during class. This class is SUPER boring so it was nice to have someone to communicate with. this lasted for about a month.

He then realized that the girl behind me is waaaayy prettier than i am. She went up to the board this one time and she has the nicest butt i have ever seen. I could get anything i want with a butt like hers. Anyway, so she is reallly really pretty. She is tall and has long hair plus the butt thing. I used to go to school with her ironically. Her sister was in my sisters class. So he realized how much more pretty she is than i am and stopped talking to me. I havent heard a word from him in a few weeks. He sits in his chair farther back so that he can chat with the girl behind me more. He doesnt even look at me anymore...this saddens me.

Lets get some thing straight though:
I DO NOT have any sort of crush on him physically OR romantically. He is quite unattractive actually. He fills his hair with gel, his breathe stinks, he talks too loud, and he has a mole on his cheek.

Why am I sad that he doesnt talk to me anymore? :
Its nice to have someone to talk to at school every now and then. School is usually hours of boringness and being alone. Both of which i hate. To have someone to chat with twice a week during school hours was kinda nice.

So then comes up the whole shallow thing. Whenever he is talking to her I think: I guess if i was as pretty or prettier than her, then maybe he'd be talking to me. Heck, maybe i would have friends here if i was prettier.

Of COURSE there are attractive people. OF COURSE some people are prettier than others. Some people are hot and some people are not and some are in between. Go ahead and acknowledge it. There is nothing wrong with noticing how attractive someone is. There is nothing wrong with telling someone that you are attracted to them physically. Nothing. My point is completely beside that.

My message to the world is, you can acknowledge the beautifulness of people but dont treat them any different than you would treat the unattractive people. You should treat mostly everyone the same. Everyone should be treated the same. Love someone you think is unattractive as much as the most beautiful person in the world. Making it harder for uglier people to gain attention or love is just wrong.

God doesnt let beautiful people into heaven easier than he lets ugly people.

from the deep thoughts of mag's soul...

-magg

No comments: