Sunday, August 26, 2007

Stephenie Meyer

Wow.. I got to meet this genius yesterday which was august 25, 2007. She is so cool and hilarious. She is exactly how I imagined her to be.

Before we got there I freaked out a little because it seemed too good to be true but it was NOT canceled and she did come. It was amazing. I will now record my memory of her.

We got really close seats (we sat on the floor) for the discussion part of her coming. She answered questions and talked about twilight the movie and stuff. I loved it. ALL of it. Anyway so here comes the best part. Since we are from san diego and we went to L.A., we didn't have priority wrist bands so we had to wait outside. When she was done talking, everyone who didn't have wristbands started to walk towards the door which was what I did along with catie, veronica, and rosie. I went wearing a t-shirt I made for the occasion and three scars down the right side of my face. I used some lipstick that I hardly used for the scars. Since I have light brown skin and look somewhat native american, I did the scars to dress up as one of the characters from her book named emily. For people who read the book, it was a little obvious who I was trying to be.

So as we were walking out Stephenie Meyer saw me. She pointed at me, smiled and said, "Oh my God, it's Emily!". I waved back and said, "Ya!". I felt like an idiot but I was extremely excited that she said something to me. I loved it. Whhen we got up to her in line she smiled and said, "Hi emily! Or magdalena really." Because they gave us sticky notes to put in the book so she couuld easily personalize them and she saw my name was really magdalena. I said, "Ya, its a little different." SHe laughed and said, "That is so, so awesome..." I said thanks and walked away for veronica's turn.

I don't think I will ever forget that moment of my life. I hope I don't have an obsession on my hands. I mean what would you do if you got to meet your favorite author?

I will most definetly (sp?) go for the tour of Breaking Dawn.

tata

2 comments:

Sarge said...

If I could, I would love to meet David Mitchell or Haruki Murakami. But I don't know - it's kind of like what you described...what could I possibly ask them, how could I thank them? Although I think your enthusiasm must have been extremely touching to Stephenie Meyer. Enthusiasm is greater than the ability to critique I think, when it comes to art. Not to politicians though.

I think I would just send them Margie's Candies from Chicago...amazing truffles.

Maybe with a note...

But if I could meet Wallace Stevens, I would love to have taken a walk through Hartford, CT with him.

I hope all is well with you.

Here the moon is so bright it skips off the water. I went down to the Lake tonight, by the lighthouse, the air gets cool down in the dunes, and then coming up toward the water the sand is so soft, and always so cold, even on the warmest nights, so that it always feels like approaching something sacred.

peace,

Sarge

Anonymous said...

sounds like a PLAN (with the m-rissa thing) and YES they keep talking about thesis-'s in my class and the Central Idea and crap like that. cause i am in stupid english so they have to go over the basics. at least he didn't have to tell us how to write a sentence...i think i would have cried from shame if he brought that up. dear lord. i hate school. hope to see you soon love!
-Cat ;)