I would like to say congratulations to Keane (my favorite band) for making Stephenie Meyer's playlist for Eclipse.
You have all heard this a billion times but she wrote Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. I will be honest that when you hear that it is about vampires you think it stupid and I completely understand. Really I do. I think Stephenie Meyer thinks so too because she rarely says the word in her books. My cousin, my sister, and I are going to go to her book signing on the 25th. There's a link here to her site on the right.
haha (Behind me my dog is trying to bite flies. Its funny.)
Todays question For everyone who will read this: If you were given one super power what would it be and why?
No cheating. Catie and I were talking about this yesterday. I chose flying for too many reasons.
So...My favorite HP characters are Fred an George Weasley. I really do love their humor. Its an inspiration. There are none from the 7th book.
"You don't want to bottle your anger up like that, Harry, let it all out," said Fred, beaming. "There might be a couple people fifty miles away who didn't hear you."
"Harry!" said Fred, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply. "Simply splendid to see you, old boy--"
"Marvelous," said George, pushing Fred aside and seizing Harry's hand in turn. "Absolutely spiffing."
Percy scowled.
"That's enough, now," said Mrs. Weasley.
"Mum!" said Fred as though he'd only just spotted her and seizing her hand too. "How really corking to see you--"
'What's that supposed to be anyway?' asked Fred, squinting at Dobby's painting. 'Looks like a gibbon with two black eyes.'
'It's Harry!' said George, pointing at the back of the picture, 'says so on the back!'
'Good likeness,' said Fred, grinning.
Harry is rumoured to be the Heir of Slytherin: Fred and George, however, found all this very funny. They went out of their way to march ahead of Harry down the corridors, shouting, 'Make way for the heir of Slytherin, seriously evil wizard coming through …'
Percy was deeply disapproving of this behaviour.
'It is not a laughing matter,' he said coldly.
'Oh, get out of the way, Percy,' said Fred, 'Harry's in a hurry.'
'Yeah, he's nipping off to the Chamber of Secrets for a cup of tea with his fanged servant,' said George, chortling.
haha... I'm sitting here alone and I am still laughing out loud. They are greatness.
I have a Ron one for cat and a hagrid one for marissa.
"Viktor? Hasn't he asked you to call him Vicky yet?" - Ron
"Ah, well, people can be stupid abou' their pets," said Hagrid wisely. Buckbeak spat a few ferret bones onto Hagrid's pillow.
Have a good wednesday everyone.
5 comments:
I’ve always wanted the power to slow down time to any extent at will, and be able to move around normally in the midst of near frozen moments. I would like to tell you in my own words why, but by coincidence, I happened to read something one of my friends wrote (Phillip Abueg) and I think he describes why I would want this power to a much more clearer extent than I could hope to accomplish.
“I've heard that time is money—this is confusion. Time is much more valuable than money. Money's value is yet another absurdity. This is not surprising since money is a human invention. A million dollars today may be worth nothing five years from now, may be worth double in ten. Time though is much more constant. Time is quite literally beyond any human's control; the market cannot touch time. Thus, time is invaluable. Measure your wealth in hours, not dollars, and you will find contentment more easily. Like idiots we strive after jobs which pay the greatest number of dollars per hour. Our values are inverted. There is no limit to how much money one can have, yet all are limited with respect to how much time they can have by life-span. Does it make sense to be trying to maximize the dollars per hour that one makes while sacrificing one's time in the pursuit of money? Is it not more logical to be trying to minimize the hours per dollar that one spends while sacrificing one's money in the pursuit of time? Why do we waste so much time making money? Are we that blind? Work less, you'll have more time. Figure out how many dollars you need, find a job with the lowest hours per dollar, and don't waste any more of your time. You've nothing better to do than work? I pity you. Open your eyes and your mind. If you preoccupy your mind with more than just work and money and possessions, even for just one day, you'll see that there isn't enough time left. Reevaluate.”
So hopefully that explains the ‘why’ portion of your question. And hopefully you enjoyed that little article as much as I did.
you know what, i just realized that my comment was not well written and probably confusing. Haha, sorry about that.
what a cutie. thanks for the Ron Quote Maggie-pooh. i love you!
-Cat ;)
hey mag. can you tell marissa i can't read her blog anymore cause everytime i open the link to her site i get 2 pop-up warning things and then it closes the internet window. sorry! when is Marissa leaving tomorrow?
-Cat ;)
I like their interactions with Wood...
Commandos tend to value stealth and invisibility, leaving their actions to God-given and developed talents, sometimes used in unfortunate ways.
However, as a child, I always thought the ability to talk to animals would be very cool. One could use that for information, such as Aquaman does.
But I suppose the super ability I would choose would be the ability to sing beautifully and play any instruments I picked up. I have no talent for music.
Playing cello like Pablo Casals would be a vision into heaven. Or I hope it would be, as I think Pablo Casals was an amazingly beautiful man.
I hope all is well!
I'm trying to decide where to live? San Francisco or New York? These things tear you apart sometimes.
Post a Comment