Dear Marissa,
You are so funny. Do you remember those big yellow sheets of paper that mrs. russell wrote our names on and then passed around for everyone to sign? Well I found mine and read it. Yours was pretty great:
Merry Christmas!
Magdalena! it might not be Christmas now but one time when you read it it will be christmas! Well your my best friend and your nice, fun, pretty, smart, cool, and you are very funny!
~your bestest buddy pal
~marissa elizabeth oceguera
haha thank you very much. What are the odds that I would find the piece of paper ON christmas? hmm? hilarious. AND You liked using tildas back then I suppose. haha this one was from alejandra fregoso....:
Hey maggie,
You are a super cool friend. Vote 4 me. hope you did. I have fun talking to you. keep keeping track of lianna's questions cause i stopped counting after 8,569,721,358,772 questions this week. I think hehehe. Well I had fun by you keep in touch.
-Alejandra fregoso.
sigh... I didn't really like elementary school but there were those good time's. Cheers marissa....
~magdalena elizabeth last name
Dear Caitlin,
sigh. For the millionth time: I miss seeing you and a lot of other people everyday. Dominic is still in love with that bear you gave him.... haha he named it and evrything. Remember when you used to say holy moses? I also found a lot of notes that you wrote me. It made me sad and happy at the same time. here are some of my favorites:(First in English and then some of your spanish ones. AND Everything is EXATLY how you wrote it.)
(sticker of a hamster) Mr. Chub...he is a little chubby hamster!
'Have an awesome (totally radical) weekend.'
'p.s. Remind me to tell you that pirate joke!!!'
'When I saw you today...I felt as though I hadn't seen you in a LONG time! I almost hugged you... I KNOW CRAZY!!!'
'Oh must have been a lie (as my grandma used to say.'
'Pause. Looking at clock but have to get glasses out first.'
'Miss M! Mr. Lapiz has been taken and you must pay $1,000,00!!! By noon tomorrow. Good luck! -Kidnapper! '
*PAUSE* Cat, there are a lot more but I must get onto the spanish ones because they are just great...
'Well i do not have a lot to say as I am a BORING persona! '
'!So Sad! !Muy Triste! '
'Is that the right word o palabra?'
' I haven't written you a nota en forever! '
'p.s. you shal hear no 'meow'. '
' I forgot to show you my little amigo! '
'I will be super rojo.'
' I just had mi espanol examen.'
You are just so funny caitlin. I still need your cell phone number.
~mag
Dear Sarge,
How are things? I heard that you have a little more free time than usual. I hope that's relaxing in a way. I saw that fruit too...were they squash? I really have no idea but it was a nice picture for some reason. Also discussions on french toast toast and milk shakes sounds like fun.
Before I would not have wished you a happy fourth of july because I thought you were candian. Happy Fourth of july! I am still confused on some aspects of yourself but maybe they will unravel in time.
It is also getting extremely hot here...I once again wish it rained more often.
~magdalena
Dear Gold Award,
Why must you be so difficult? You make me feel guilty..... I think maybe I am posting this because I don't want to finish you. sigh...procrastination.
Dear everyone,
...............................................just keep going........ hopefully time will cure whatever is bothering you and I.
4 comments:
HHA, i seriously remember the exact moment when i wrote that, thinking that i was being both clever and funny at the same time. too bad i was NEITHER! haha, well i just saw "ratatouillle" and it was the cutest thing i have ever seen in my enitre exitence of being, well at least movie wise. oh, maybe say anything was a teeny tiny bit cuter. i loVEd iT (cHOla StyLE!!1!)
MAG!!! i miss you! YES! we must do the scrapbook thing soon. i am excited about it. it has to happen. or i will be very veRY VERY sad! and i can't believe you kept ALL those notes. i sound like such a crack-head. and i don't rememeber giving your brother a bear....is that horrible of me for not remembering? now i feel bad. oh no i am a horrible person because i don't rememer giving your brother something that apparebntly i had already given him, pooh. and i thought i gave you my cell phone number...i thought i put it in your phone, but maybe not. i will call you and give you my number homeslice. we must do the scrapbook thing soon. YEAH! i am getting excited about it already!
-Cat ;)
hey i say we scrapbook on sat. before we see the movie...
Howdy,
French toast...so good. A touch of vanilla in the batter goes a long way to heaven I feel. Especially when using brioche (sp?).
Actually I'm from Chicago (by way of Oberlin, OH) - the Canadian Commandos started when four nineteen year olds, one of them a sophomore at Northwestern University, decided to "storm" the beach at Lake Michigan and claim it for Canada. We were just south of the Fiske Building where all the Medill students go and in which I totally fell in love with this beautiful girl once who was wearing the coolest dress that to this day I have ever seen. We were reading Ulysses and for some reason I still remember page 96 broke my heart too ("face like Shakespeare"). Anyway, it was May, which meant the water was about 40 degrees - not that cold - but man, really cold - at its height, the Commandos claimed seven members. When my best friend Adam moved to Germany I began to write him letters as Sarge occasionally. For some reason he answered me as Cpl. Then he was back in Chicago and I was out in New York after being in San Francisco, and he thought it would be a way for us to remain in character, using a blog. Our friend Jeremy became a big fan (I mean, to the point where he was emailing us all the time with ideas) so we let him join - he is not one of the original commandos but he might be the most enthusiastic. He's Ranger. This is all stuff I shouldn't be telling you - but I have a flight to New Orleans in about four hours and have to stay awake all night. Nwargo is a thinly veiled depiction of one of our best friends who's very grouchy. He lives in Chicago too and once we were roommates, so I get to miss him as well. I know it sounds totally geeked out, but you know - sometimes these things happen. The girl in Tallinn also represents somebody, but these things happen. Oh, and Smitty is really Smitty - he's the one at UCSD...he might be a traitor apparently.
I've been listening to the Heartless Bastards song "Into the Open" lately. It's addicting.
That and Asobi Seksu's "Thursday" which I think I mentioned already.
I hope your summer is wonderful! I remember my senior summer my car was always starting on fire.
Have adventures...
until soon,
Sarge
Post a Comment