Its almost 11 o'clock right now. Music man practices have been going to until about 9:30.
First let me explain community day. This is a day where my school puts on games and activites for one whole day instead of having classes. Its always right before finals second semester. I accidentally chose a theme for this crazy event. Usually the themes are pretty corny or cheesy but it went oerboard this time and its my fault.
I am in a class called campus ministry that helps put on community day. One day my teacher was asking people for ideas on theme. She said that it needed to be something really exciting. And then I ruined everything. I should have kept my mouth shut. I said, "Well what type of exciting? Cique de solei exciting?" Thats when my teacher went overboard and took my question (for her more of a comment) seriously. I was just asking her something. She went crazy and thought it was brilliant. So now our theme is 'Cirque de OLP'. What have I done to my fellow students at the academy? I am so very sorry to all students of OLP. I am sorry that you must now endure the cheesy theme of 'Cirque de OL P' for a whole day. There are already people complaining. I'm not sre if everyone knows that it was mostly my fault but again I am sorry.
Today I made another huge mistake. We paint posters for such events as this. Our campus is very clean and well taken care of. It would be a very bad thing for someone to mess it up in any way. While I was painting a poster today I picked up a bottle of yellow paint. I was in Aquinas hall. I did not check ti make sure that the lid was secure. I shook the bottle and the cap flew off splattering paint all over the hallway and one of the walls. Who does that? Who splatters YELLOW paint on the walls of an academy where the principal is extremely strict on keeping our campus nice? That person would be me. And just to make the whole situation worse, the principal saw the whole thing. Yes in the flesh. Sister dolores and Mrs. Favela saw the whole entire fiasco.
Fortunately Sister dolo did not come over to scold me but instead walked into the office with mrs. favela. Mrs. favela then came over to us to tell us (me in particular) that we needed to get the paint off quick because the principal was not too happy. This was probably one of the most embarassing moments of the decade for me.
oops
3 comments:
Mercy. Yellow paint.
I knew this guy who threw up all over this other guy's bed once. I mean, he said it was like bazooka style barfing. Which would be much worse than a little yellow paint.
Imagine that in front of the principal!
Today I was all about this song on my way in on the subway: "Coasts of California," as performed by the Kingston Trio. You know, the Kingston Trio is a lot of fun. I don't care what anybody says.
I went to a high school a lot like yours, I think, save mine was co-ed - which started the year I entered...that added a lot more pressure, a lot more cliquish - because the popular kids were so afraid of even being seen with the uncool kids.
Maybe there were some good lessons to learn there though.
You should have offered a "Commando" theme. Much more exciting - beachheads, secret forts and safe houses, gadgets, karate and kayaks. The occasional foray into the jungle or desert.
So many things. I've been working on some posts for that but my thesis and some other stuff has been taking priority sadly. And I've been writing a little bit about baseball and politics on this other blog with my librarian friends...including the one at UCSD...
Hope all is well.
Listen to the band Love - "Alone Again Or"...such a pretty song. Used to perfect effect in the movie "Bottle Rocket."
warmest,
A
Dude that sucks, but! at least your life can only improve from here on out. :D
HAHA. omgeezus. i remember when you told me about this at school. i've done that shaking thing before. when you don't check first. haha, once my cousin did that and spilled a whole gallon of grape juice and it got behind the fridge, my mom FREAKED.
Post a Comment