You know how difficult it is to name these posts? You think its easy but its not. lol
Like for this one it could have been various things like: How do you title? or Title confusion or something corny like that. I also noticed that my entries are becoming shorter and shorter. (note to marissa: check our photobucket account. You are caitlin are adorable in those photos.)
brb I'm @ my mom's classroom helping her.
Back. For a little while anyway. It's her 5th period right now. Physics. I still need to organize and file some stuff though. Haha I'm watching the office right now too. We bought one episode from here. Its the one where the branch closes. Jim just ricked dwight by saying that the coffee is poisned from 'future' Dwight. Hilarious.
Anyway. I have some stuff that I can write about right now I suppose. It was meant for my journal (haven't done that in awhile either) but I have some time right now.
Awhile ago I was at the library (the south chula vista library which is open on sundays and has a really cool fountain in the middle of it) and it was night. Whenever I go, I see the home of a homeless person. He has set up a small area for himself in the corner of the parking lot where its close enough to the construction that hopefully no one will bother him. He lives there and always has his bike chained to the pole nearby. Over the past couple of years I have seen him gain more and more basic posessions in his little corner. He now has small boxes that surround his area along with a cot thing in the middle of it under a sleeping bag. He also has a television and some other random stuff. I hadn't fully seen him until that night. I relly wanted to give him somthing....I didn't have any healthy food though. All I had was girl scout cookies. Samoas to be specific. I didn't know if they belonged to anyone because they were laying around in the car. Anyway, I was debating for about 5 min whether or not to go over and give in any. He was an african american man maybe in his 60's wearing a beanie watching television. I eventully got into my ccar and started it and decided to leave. My only reasons for not giving the cookies to him were what if he didn't want them? or what if he was insulted that I would give him food? There were a million questions like that in my head. I put my car in reverse but stopped in the middle of the parking lot on my way out. I grabbed the cookies and decided to go and give them to him. The debate was reaelly wierd. I debate with myself a lot but that time I felt skitsafrenic (I know thats not spelled right). It was kind of scary because I didn't know how he would react. I left my car running in the middle of the parking lot. (I shouldn't have done that) I jumped out and went up to him and said excuse me. I said, "Hi". He was welcoming and had a warm smile and said, "Why hello there". I was relieved. Then I said, "I was wondering if you wanted some cookies." I held them out. He took them and said, "Why thank you! That's very nice. You have a good night." I responded the same and left. I was happy that he didn't feel insulted by the cookies. I hope the rest of his life goes fairly well. I'm sure that thats not the last time I will see him.
I'll make new titles.....
2 comments:
mag you are the NICEST, most SWEETEST, most COMPASSIONATE person i have EVER met in my life! i absolutely LOVE you! you are the bestest person ever! s.k. being canonized as a saint??? i think not...it is DEFINITELY YOU---ALL the WAY!!! i love you kido!
-Cat ;)
p.s. i want samoa cookies now (is that wrong or what?)
I"VE SEEN THIS GUY! he has a ton of stuff, and everytime i go he has it spread out over multiple spaces and is going through it all. ha you are awesome.
Post a Comment