This song is very very beautiful...my song of the month :P
Congratulations by Blue October Feat. Imogen Heap (another for sarge)
Is that seat taken
Congratulations
Would you like to take a walk with me
My mind it kind of goes fast
I try to slow it down for you
I think I'd love to take a drive
I want to give you something
I've been wanting to give to you for years
My heart
My heart, my pain won't cover up
You left me.. hu hu hu hu
My heart won't take this cover up
You left me.. hu hu hu hu
I came to see the light in my best friend
You seemed as happy as you'd ever been
My chance of being open was broken
And now you're Mrs. him.
My words they don't come out right
But I'll try to say I'm happy for you
I think I'm going to take that drive
I want to give you something
I've been wanting to give to you for years
My hearts
My heart, my pain won't cover up
You left me.. hu hu hu hu
My heart
My heart won't take this cover up
You left me.. hu hu hu hu
And I can't change this
I can never take it back
But now I can't change your mind
(You left me)
And I can't this
I can never take this back
But now I can't change your mind
can't change your mind
(You left me)
Can't change you mind
(You left me)
(You left me)
(You left me)
(You left me)
Go away
Make it go away
Please.
1 comment:
Wow...I hope this finds you well. Thanks for the shout out...
There's been a lot of running around over here. Today I found myself in many parts of this fair city. In the end I was usually in the subway, nose in a book, wondering if I would ever get to eat. Eventually, with the cat Kai prowling around, I did manage, as night turned deeply into itself, to enjoy some tomato soup. After long days, I can't love anything to eat more than tomato soup and grilled cheese.
I found some amazing songs by Cat Power I'd never heard of before and I love her. I don't know if it's outtakes from the "You Are Free" era or what, but the song "I Don't Blame You" (from "You Are Free") has gotten me through many a night, even if it's not exactly about that...songs are often about things by the by anyway. Or is it by the bye?
I haven't had time to work on any new Sarge posts, though I think of him often and wonder what he's getting himself into while I walk through my day. It has been frustrating not to write lately.
I have to admit, I admire your not cursing...it was one of my frequent Lenten promises...then I started going in for the more "I'm going for positive assertions, not denial." Now I think Lent, if you're going to take Catholicism seriously, calls for both.
If I were to make you a playlist tonight it would go like this:
1. King of Carrot Flowers (Part One) - Neutral Milk Hotel
2. California Dreaming - Bobby Womack
3. Hell is Chrome - Wilco (this one's words get to me...why is this?)
4. Break it To Me Gently - Brenda Lee
5. Love Love Love - Mountain Goats
6. Can't Forget - Yo La Tengo
7. Sugarcube - Yo La Tengo (often this is the exact right song as far as I am concerned. Often this is a feeling I have on beautiful days.)
8. Let's Go - the Feelies
9. Thursday - Asobi Seksu
10. Here's to You - Joan Baez
Joan Baez in the '60s and early '70s...thank God my mother used to listen to her on Saturday mornings.
The Ubiquitous Hidden Track: Willie - Cat Power
I hope the no-cursing is going well, and that there isn't much to curse there. My friend Smitty reports from San Diego often that the weather is unbeatable and makes fun of all of us for being so dedicated to the climes of winter. There were snow showers at dusk tonight though, and walking across Union Square, the Empire State Building had disappeared and everywhere people were saying "is it supposed to stick?" And there's always a charge in the air then. The snow around you clouding and creating shadows and sudden wings of light that skip across and through the fog like some medieval conception of space. It's really beautiful, at least for a few minutes. A friend of mine called and said she couldn't see across the East River into Manhattan, the snow was so thick.
It's time to put everything out for tomorrow. Finish this book.
as always,
warmest,
A
Post a Comment